Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Éire go Brách

by Disco

Had me a date with an Irishman on Saturday night and it went pretty well.

To skip over the non-sexy parts, we went to a patio and he had three beers, I had two Long Island Iced teas and we talked. Then we went to a "real" Irish Pub (the closest thing to the ones in Ireland us Canadians have) and he bought us a pitcher. I made friends with a couple extra flamboyant gays on the walk there, and they hung out with us for a while - he was very kind to them despite his slight uncomfortableness, and relaxed around them quickly. Because a few people very close to me, including my father and my cousin, are gay, this was incredibly important to me -- and also important to the gays! One of them let me know this guy was a real keeper, and when we have babies we should remember how our first date was crashed by a bunch of flamers. It was perfectly, quirkily romantic...

He put his hand on my knee while this traditional Irish band played "Dirty Old Town" by the Pogues - which I privately decided would be our song should he and I ever become a we. He held my hand later, and I was full of butterflies.

Now I have to tell you that Aunt Flo was in town at this time and also... I really like this guy... so the sexy parts weren't too sexual. I have a general feeling that if you really like a guy, you gotta hold out the goods - if you don't like him so much, you can give it up for a hot time. But, as I said, I liked this one. Because I liked him, I'll give him a name: Liam.

Cut to me and Liam in the downstairs basement of the building I rent a room in. About 24 people live here, about 15 or so of us share one kitchen. I brought him down there because a) Flo and b) my room is a huuuuge mess and that would just be embarrassing. So, a few people from my building walked in and out while we were still in the moving-closer-together pre-first-kiss stage. One, a friend of mine - also named Liam, but thoroughly gay - walked through and gave me 'OooOOooh, naughty naughty!' faces, but soon we were left alone.

Liam swooped in for the first kiss. It lasted about 15 minutes. Halfway through it, I crawled up on his lap and was grinding on him - which was a little further than I initially intended... But I sometimes can't help myself. After this kiss - which, can I say, was fucking hot - he let me know it was one of his top 5 kisses of all time. Not so bad!

We continued a pattern of talking, cuddling and making out over the next hour and a half. It was really sweet and I felt very comfortable, which was a really good sign. I even did some quirky things I only do with guys I really like - like inspect their arms and hands for scars and cuts, and ask after their watches. He showed me his appendix removal scars, and answered all my questions. For the record, I am a lady obsessed with hands and this guy had great hands. Not sweaty at all, rugged and masculine. He's an electrician. They're awesome hands. Plus, he seemed to greatly enjoy kissing at my neck - my absolute favourite spot to be kissed!

Then, he said he ought to be moving off, although he didn't want to leave he was falling asleep - we'd hit about the 2 AM mark. I walked him out, and when we got to the porch he gave me another steamy kiss. He pushed me back up against this brick support pole that's on the porch, and that was pretty hot in and of itself. But then he did something no guy has ever done to me, something I'd only seen in movies, something you guys probably won't find all that awesome but something that totally was awesome.

He slid his hands down under my ass, and picked me up fully so that my legs were around his waist and I was shoved up against the pole. So hot. I'm not a particularly waifish lady, so this was a bit of a feat. A hot feat.

After I slid down from this (insecure about my weight,) he managed to get his hand between my leg before I had the willpower to stop him. Oh goodness, guys. He found my sweet spot right away. You do not know how many guys have been so embarrassingly off-target. This guy: Bullseye. I nearly fell over... But, again, I liked him! So I got him out of there and told him he must go because I had to leave him wanting. He pulled me in for a little more kissage but finally I got him to leave. Let me tell you, tho, if Aunt Flo weren't buffering me I don't know if I would've had the willpower.

In the end, I'm glad we didn't go any farther. I think he probably gives me more respect because of it, and I definitely left him wanting more. He's texted me every day since, and has, on the whole, been a very sweet man. I don't even mind him calling me 'hun.' Did I mention I like this one?

0 comments: