Saturday, June 19, 2010

Virginity?

By Glitterbella


Not important in my book, to be honest. I didn't think much about it when I had it, and I felt the same after loosing it. It was something to get rid of, and not look back. And until now, besides a few drunken moments with friends, I really can't say that I have thought much about since.

I barely remember it, to be blunt, I know I was 16, I believe he was 22. It was the only time we had sex.

I remember the bare mattress, that he loved me, and that I thought him a fool. He was caring, and gentle, but we were abruptly (and quickly- by which I mean maybe 2 thrusts) interrupted by his mother coming home. After franticly throwing on clothes, I remember going to the bathroom, where the unflushed toilet was littered with cigarette butts. I recall going to a friends birthday party later that night and not being able to tell her because her parents were in the room. A few days later, I asked my Doctor for Depo Provra, and at the same time asked her if it counted.

I broke up with him less then 2 weeks later.

The next time I thought about virginity was when I started dating a guy who was a virgin. He said he was ok with the fact that I was not a virgin (a lie, as he would throw it in my face anytime we fought.) Within a month of us dating, I took his virginity. I don't remember the specifics, except that it happened near Valentines day, it was the only time we attempted safe sex, and it lasted longer then expected. And was more emo then when I lost mine. He cried, I'm pretty sure.

I don't know why I didn't consider it important. Maybe because in my Mothers' attempt at giving me a practical sexual education (Thanks Mum!) she didn't mention virginity AT ALL, which, as a she is a religious woman (much more then me, but much less then her Mother) is sort of shocking, now that I think about it. She didn't talk about marriage at all, as far as I recall, just gave me the book to look over myself, and explained somethings about pregnancy. She also, at some point told me it was “ok to touch myself, but only in private.” I think that comment stemmed from spending to much time in the bathroom (reading, no doubt, haha.) Best advice she's ever given :)

0 comments: