Thursday, June 24, 2010

Phonography - Yup, There Are Even Pop Songs 'Bout It!

By XTC

Proceed with caution: We’re all honest individuals here. I am going to warn you, prior to reading this blog entry, that I am going through an intense period of PMS right now. I was supposed to begin my period today but haven’t so far and it’s just pretty bad. Tonight I have cried to random happy songs, laughed hysterically at a video of a kitten getting hit by a bigger cat, and had the urge to beat the shit out of somebody. I’m not a violent person. I need new birth control pills. Ones with better regulators... I also dislike these hot flashes. They suck. ANYWAYS I just thought that I would warn you of this because it mayyyy come across in my entry.

So! Sex through technology. What isn’t through technology now? Seriously. I did a little bit of research on this topic using recent news. Guess how I found those news articles – on the internet.

(I mayyyy be kind of distracted with texting people about how horny I am right now, but it fits well with the topic, so I’ma stick to it...)

First of all: What IS non-physical sex? Obviously it includes various forms of sexual interaction through methods other than physical contact, such as telephone, texting, the internet, etc. I’m not sure what the dictionary definition is, such a thing is kind of hard to define, but I consider it to include both discussion sexual matters though words, such as explaining what you would like to do to the other person, etc., or sending/receiving sexual photographs.

I came across an article discussing how the city of New York is in the progress of implementing a new school policy to help prevent sexting and cyber bullying.

Clearly, cyberbullying is an ever-growing phenomenon that needs to have action taken against it. But sexting? Is it really THAT big of an issue? (PS: If you haven’t already figured it out, sexting involves sending sexually explicit text messages.)

The punishment that they are proposing is rather severe. Students caught sexting can receive not only a board meeting with their parents but an expulsion from the school for up to 90 days. Clearly such a punishment would have a huge effect on their personal life and school performance.

Although this may seem within decent regulation it must most importantly be noted that these are not small children who are receiving such strict punishments for this act; it is high school students as well, ages 16, 17, 18, etc. I have to ask – If you are at an age where it is legal to have sex who the hell has the right to tell you you’re not allowed to do it via cell phone?

Oh, it gets even worse! Not only is this punishment applicable if you sext on school property, but if you do so off of school time as well! That’s right, even students on summer vacation can be accused and punished if somebody was to report them to the school the following school year.

Naturally, this draws a HUGE line between rules that are in place to enforce that school is merely an educational environment and an invasion of one’s personal privacy and personal rights. I, myself, think that it is complete and utter bullshit. It is ridiculous rules such as this that make teenagers resent school and education in general.

A link to the full article can be found here:
http://wcbstv.com/local/sexting.nyc.sexting.2.1760507.html

But you can also find more info by simply doing a google or youtube search on the topic. As I’m sure you can imagine, there are a lot of opinions circling around this.

In all honesty, I find the occasional raunchy text conversation very beneficial in helping a long night at work fly by.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

It may even help with schoolwork to allow those nasty naughty sex messages. You get the message, get all excited, masturbate, then go back to your homework, refreshed and able to concentrate.

Three Sexketeers said...

It would certainly help students stay awake. Class gets boring! Gotta keep your eyes open somehow.
- XTC

Just A. Girl said...

Wow, that's interesting. School is changing!

Anonymous said...

Let's invent a massager that hooks up to your phone and that your caller can control remotely. you insert the plug in up your hooty hole and then when I call depending on what numbers or commands I send you through a text it "tells" the vibrator what to do inside you, wiggle vibrate, pulse, grow and shrink, widen and get thinner, g-spot tickler, there are many possibilities. That would keep life more interesting wherever you are.

Three Sexketeers said...

A friend of mine wanted to make something similar, except it attached to your computer. I would be totally into that.

- Disco