Friday, June 11, 2010

Celibacy, how I hate thee...

By Glitterbella


I'd never thought much about celibacy before recently, having been sexually active for most of the last six years or so. God that makes me feel old, thinking about it that way. And sort of slutty. But I'm not.


Currently, I have been celibate for nine months. While some of that time was "recovery"from a not so smart decision, some of it was because I've decided I don't want to waste my time on bad sex. I'm now willing to wait to find the right person and the right moment. That may seem sort of sappy, but seriously, I've had some bad sex, and I don't want to again. I'm not looking for an emotional connection, necessarily, but I want someone who can give as good as they get, and not be a douche about it the next day. And so far, one thing i've realized is that guys are pretty douche-y when it comes to strong minded sexual women. Which sucks when your a woman who knows what she wants and what she'll do to get it.


I sort of feel better about being celibate now that Lady Gaga came out and said she was. If she's ok with it, I can be as well. Although i do disagree with some of her points, such as this line here :


"But it's not really cool any more to have sex all the time. It's cooler to be strong and independent."


That sort of makes it sound like she thinks you can't be strong and independent when you are having sex. That I definitely don't agree with, and hope that I misunderstood her meaning.


This doesn't mean I'm waiting until marriage to have sex again, (The complete opposite in fact- I'd never get married without taking him for a test drive! Many, many test drives :D) it means I'm not going to jump on the first dick I get a chance with. That just makes things difficult. Been there, done that, got the STD.

0 comments: